The Mavs are active in the community and participate in several giveback events throughout the region.
Events and Programming - Past & Present
2022 Tournament Information
- Tournaments Where You'll Find The Mavs
- It’s More Than Just Baseball
- Good Players Make Good Citizens
- A Club of Character, Citizenship & Champions
We recommend to our teams that they conduct a community service project annually – Past teams have served food at The Kitchen, Adopted a Family during the Holiday Season, Volunteered at Convoy of Hope, Raked leaves, and done yard work for seniors.
We believe in improving the field for future generations of ballplayers at our facility with an annual project to enhance the baseball facility and leave a legacy.
Baseball builds character, memories, and friendships.
“Good Ball Players Make Good Citizens.”
Our MAVS Teams hand out citizenship coins to all umpires, coaches, and opponents.
1. Provides an opportunity for amateur youth to develop and enhance physical and mental skills through baseball training, to learn the art of teamwork, to promote cooperation, and to train and develop future leaders through baseball training and instruction.
2. Develops good sportsmanship and good citizenship in ballplayers and families involved in the organization, including through the distribution of sportsmanship coins at tournaments and participation in and leadership of public service events, including events where players and their families will have the opportunity to act as teachers and trainers of other youth.
3. Exposes the youth involved in the program to various instruction and coaches, including clinics, camps, and practices led by local college coaches and players, and providing an expectation that practice, lessons, and training sessions are as important or more important than competition.
4. Represents southwest Missouri and Springfield, Missouri area with teams striving to reach the highest level of competition.
5. Strives to combat juvenile delinquency by encouraging amateur youth to participate in the sport of baseball, to regularly attend teaching and coaching programs to learn the fundamentals of the sport of baseball, and to participate in public service events that involve the sport of baseball and/that otherwise represent the Corporation in serving the community.
6. Promotes a “safety first” environment and conducts and promotes programs with strict control over age, equipment, and behavior of participants, coaches, parents, and spectators with the ultimate objective of promoting good sportsmanship, character building, and enhancing self-esteem of those served.
7. Partners with High Street Church to provide maintenance and financial support for the baseball fields.
2022 Musial Awards
Our 12U & 14U attended the Musial Awards in St. Louis, Mo. It was a night of celebrating the outstanding acts of Sportsmanship. Since 2005, the nation’s best sports have come together in St. Louis for the Musial Awards®, the most important awards in sports. Named for baseball hall of famer Stan Musial, the Musial Awards celebrate the year’s greatest moments of sportsmanship and those in sports who embody class and character. Held at the historic Stifel Theatre, the night culminated with the awarding of the Lifetime Achievement award to Albert Pujols. Future plans for the club include a team attending the event each year.
2022 Mavs Toy Drive
Once again, the Mavs held a Toy Drive for Crosslines of Springfield. The Mavs filled four large donation boxes full of toys!
Fundraiser for Ozarks Food Harvest – 2022
The Mavs once again offered FREE tryouts for team formation. The Mavs choose to help Ozarks Food Harvest once again and were able to collect $2,500 in donations for the Backpack program.
5th Annual Opening Night with the Mavs
2021 Mavs Toy Drive
Fundraiser for Ozarks Food Harvest
Fundraiser for Officer Priebe
Instead of taking tryout fees for our club, the MAVS decided to take voluntary donations for Officer Mark Priebe. Officer Mark Priebe was injured in a senseless act of violence in the summer of 2020. All told the MAVS raised over 2,200 for the Priebe family. We are proud to be a part of our community and giving back to our community when we can.
4th Annual Opening Night with the Mavs Held
The MAVS celebrated our teams and shared a night of food, fun, and fellowship at the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds on Sunday, February 21. A Tracker ATV raffle was held with gross proceeds totaling over $42,000! An online auction along with a live auction and our Kids Live Auction event was held raising an additional $6,000 for the club. In the past, our funds from the event have been used for a Rawlings Pitching Machine, Rapsodo technology, further equipment needs for MAVS Indoor, and for the growth of our summer youth teams and High School age programming.
Past guest speakers have included: 2021 – Ryan Carmack and Ryan Rodgers First collegiate players from the MAVS, 2020 – Logan Moon 6th round draft pick of the Kansas City Royals. 2019 – Mark Stratton, former Drury University Baseball Coach, and in 2018, Former Major League Baseball Pitcher Scott Bailes addressed our group.
Mavs Toy Drive
MAVS Toy Drive
In December 2020, the Mavs coordinated a Toy Drive for Crosslines. For over 40 years Crosslines has provided a FREE Toy Store for families struggling to provide for their family during the holidays. The Mavs were able to fill four large boxes totaling nearly 150 toys and $100 in cash to help provide 50 meals in the 3-day toy drive. The Mavs proudly support the efforts of Crosslines during the holidays.
Monday Night Minis
Monday Night Minis
The MIDWEST MAVS were proud to be the initial partner of US Baseball Park’s youth baseball tee-ball (ages 4-6) and coach pitch (ages 7-8) program called Monday Night Mini’s.
Held at US Baseball Park in Ozark, Missouri. US Baseball Park will be transformed from one large stadium field for up to five fields of tee-ball and coach pitch action. The MAVS are excited to partner and support US Baseball Park in growing the game of baseball. The MAVS have always supported and will continue to support youth baseball efforts when they can.
MAVS 10th Anniversary
Our MAVS teams wore a special 10th-anniversary logo patch on jerseys for the 2020 season. The logo pays tribute to the original round logo, recognizes the club’s past with the traditional and original gray-colored MAVS “M” and embodies the future with the modern Monte the MAV logo mark along with a Season 10 script using the original and still used MAVS font.
The 2020 season will be a special year for the club as we compete at all youth age levels (7U through 14U ) and also have formed a high school-aged summer team at the 16U/15U age level.
To all the players, families, coaches, volunteers of past and present, we thank you for your support of our club!